September 8, 2019

Well here I am!  Not in Luxembourg yet, but on the eve of my departure.  I am staying with my brother, who will take me to the airport early in the morning.  This is my trip: Bozeman > Denver > Salt Lake City > Amsterdam > Luxembourg.  It will take a total of 17 hours and 19 minutes.  My biggest stress-er right now is that I booked one of my flights separately.  I booked the Denver to Luxembourg trip as one trip because I originally planned to drive down with my dad, but then I decided to book a flight from Bozeman to Denver, which was cheaper that expected.  Because the flights were booked separately, I am assuming I'll have to check my bags in as if I am going just to Denver, then when I arrive in Denver, I will leave the secured area, grab my suitcases, then check back through security.  It doesn't help that mobile boarding passes weren't available when I checked in this afternoon.  My hope is that I can check my bags all the way through to Luxembourg at the desk in Bozeman, and get all my boarding passes at the same time, but we'll see.  It helps that I have this thing to focus on because if I didn't have it, I might be freaking out about when I get there instead.  I am afraid the family won't like me or the kids won't feel comfortable and not want to spend time with me.  I know that these things can be fixed with time spent with them, but I'm hoping they know I was the right fit as soon as they meet me at the airport.

Now to stop talking about that because I don't want to keep feeling worried about it :)  Today, I picked up a travel guide for Europe and will start to look at all the places I want to go.  I haven't started compiling that list because I am overwhelmed with all of the options of places to go.  I will have to create a list of countries/cities I now that I want to visit, and then can add to.  I also want to explore every castle I can, because like I said before, I am obsessed with castles :)

I can't think of anything else to say right now.  I'll write again on Sunday and hopefully have tons of adventures to write about then!  Until then, wish me well!

Comments

  1. I read this post several days after you arrived and assume those worries have dissipated. Your host family seems a fantastic match with you and we can't wait to meet them! Enjoy and keep those smiles and posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts