February 3, 2020

Good evening!  I hope everyone had a good first couple days of February!

This week wasn't particularly busy, though I've been busy planning and talking to friends.  Rocky friend Danielle is coming in a couple weeks to visit me in Luxembourg, and then we're going to the Lana del Rey Concert in Glasgow, Scotland.  It's going to be a blast!  We chatted about where we want to go, and what I want to show off to her about Luxembourg.  So far, there's only one castle on the list😂

I also talked to Rocky friend Sarah and had such a good chat!  I find myself really missing my friends and family sometimes, though at other times, I'm enjoying traveling and planning trips to notice.  But my friends and family that I talked to this week are doing well, for anyone wanting to know.  I also received a birthday card from my Nana and Pops in Oregon, so thank you if you read this!  It's the second thing I've gotten since I've been here, and it's so cool to have something from so far away!

On Friday, I went to the national library, which is a new building that opened Fall 2019.  The library used to be housed in five different locations across the city, but was able to build and move into its own building.  I figured they would have more books in English for me to read for fun, but that wasn't quite the case.  There were a lot of books, but they any books I would read for fun (fiction mostly) were in the closed stacks, only available if you asked for them.  I like to browse the shelves and figure out what I want to read from the selection there, but I can't browse if I can't see the books😭  It also was a little bit of a hassle to get there.  I took a bus for 25 minutes, walked another 15 to a tram station, then it was another 15 minutes to the library.  Thankfully, the library has its own stop.  On the way back, I ended walking for half an hour because the buses were extremely delayed, but it wasn't raining and it's been warming up the last couple of weeks, so it was a nice walk.  I have decided to stick with the Cité Bibliothèque because, though small, the selection of books are ones that I would read.  It also only takes 25 minutes to get there by bus, and I only have one bus to catch.  I did take pictures of the new library though, because it was stunning:



This week, the all English bookstore in the city center is having a Harry Potter night, so OF COURSE I'll be there.  It's from 5-midnight,and I can't wait.  There will be quizzes, games, and a costume contest.  I hope I'm not the only adult there, but I'll be in costume anyway so it's okay.  I think I'm going to go as Professor Trelawney.  I can really pull it together, I think.

Next Monday, I have an audition for a murder mystery dinner play!  I've been looking at English playhouses for auditions, and I found one in the current events section of this theater for a short play in May, auditions in February.  I emailed the directors asking more about the audition details, but one promptly emailed me back letting me know that the play was performed last year.  I was super embarrassed but I thanked the director.  Last week, the director emailed me back, saying that they are directing a murder mystery dinner play and inviting me to audition.  I'm so excited!  I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I guess we'll see:)

I thinnnnnnnk that's all for now?  I don't know.  It wasn't a super jam-packed week, but that's how I like my weeks to be honest.  I'll write next Monday, hopefully with good news about the audition!

Comments

Popular Posts