November 11, 2019

I low-key just want to start out with "hey hey hey", but with Bill Cosby the way that he is, I think maybe I shouldn't👀

Anyway, this will be a very short one because I didn't do a whole lot this last week, except make Christmas presents.  Every year I say I'll start early, and then it's Christmas Eve at 11:40 pm and I still have to finish a sweater, make a hat, and wrap everything too.  So THIS year, I am not going to do that.  I promised myself.  But we'll see what happens😂

Alrighty.  Last Tuesday, after activities, we drove to the school where one of kids' lessons had moved.  It is in Clausen, a part of the city that is in the valley.  So to get there, I had to drive through rush hour traffic in the city, then down the steep hill.  It's a 25 minute drive with no traffic, but it took us an hour to get there.  But, oh my gosh, it was so pretty down there.  I've already been there once, and it's all old buildings and there was even a cobblestone section that we drove over.  The next day, when I drove to the school for real, it didn't take as long, and I got to enjoy the drive a little more.  Maybe this week I'll take pictures!

On Thursday, I started a class called 'Everything You Need to Know About the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg'.  It's for a couple hours on Thursday nights until the second week of December, and I already love it so much.  I took a bunch of notes too, but this week was more of an overview of various things we would learn, while the following weeks would be an in depth discussion of those topics.  I will make sure to have a lot to share from this week, which is the history of Luxembourg, from 963 to now.

On Friday, when I walked the kids back to school after lunch, we were lucky enough to see a farmer moving his sheep.  There were SO MANY SHEEP!  It took about six minutes for them to pass us, and it was so fun the entire time.  The kids asked about the dog that was herding the sheep, so we talked about working dogs and their various jobs while waiting for them to cross.  Later that day, I was able to plan out with Emily a way to see RMC Theatre's Frankenstein.  Because the show started at 7:30 pm MDT, and I was FaceTiming in, I needed to be ready around 6:40 pm MDT.  That is 2:40 am here😳  But I was able to watch the play and chat with my friends!  It was so lovely.  I miss being in theatre, so I think I want to audition for a play here.  Can you imagine that??  I'd be a European actor, like my man Alan Rickman.



  
Sunday was the day of birthday parties.  There was only two, but that's two more than a regular day for me, so that's what I'm calling it.  The first birthday party was for one of the kids.  Their actual birthday was on Wednesday, and we did the celebrating on Sunday, at the laser tag place.  The kids loved it, and the cake was super good:)  After being there for about an hour and a half, I took the other kid to one of their classmate's party at an indoor playground.  Later that night, we played one of the games that was gotten as a present, which was like Wahoo with cards instead of dice, if you've every played it, or like Sorry.  

Today, I took the kids to the bakery before swimming, and I can't believe I haven't told you guys about my favorite pastry.  In French, it's pain aux raisins, but we just call it snails.  It's a spiral pastry, like a flatter cinnamon roll, with icing and raisins on top.  It is the best pastry I've ever had, and it's really hard to pick a best pastry because they're all pretty amazing.  I included a picture of one below so you can drool with me:)

I've been reading A LOT while I've been here, and I recently starting reading a book about Pompeii.  I can't wait to finish it, then visit while I'm here.  I love history so much, so I'm trying to find books to read about different periods of history, and then visit the places I read about.  If anyone has any suggestions, let me know:)

I told you this would be short.  I even added in the things about the pastry and what I've been reading just to add some more content.  Oh well.  I hope to have more next week.  Or at least the same amount, nothing less:)  Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts